The Saint Louis Triumph Owners Association (SLTOA) is a group of British car enthusiasts who come together under the Triumph Marque. We enjoy good food, the occasional brew and/or cocktail, good company, and good drives.
Please look around our website to see what we have to offer the Triumph community and if you can find the time visit us at one of our monthly meetings or other gatherings which are posted in our events area, by all means come on by!
Visitors are always welcome!
| Update on Club Activities due to Coronavirus Pandemic:
As of February, Missouri has been slowly easing restrictions. On the Illinois side of the river, things are moving more slowly. Events are being planned with social distancing and mask protocols to ensure safe gatherings.
SLTOA In-Person Event Guidelines
As more and more of our members are vaccinated and restrictions are eased we look to restart in-person events. To ensure the safety and confidence of our members at these events guidelines and a strategy has been developed to allow us to regain what was lost in not being able to meet in person.
SLTOA In-Person Event Guidelines
Here is the latest guidance (February 2021) that we have found available:
Missouri guidance: https://www.huschblackwell.com/missouri-state-by-state-covid-19-guidance
Illinois guidance: https://www.huschblackwell.com/illinois-state-by-state-covid-19-guidance
Cancellations Due to Coronavirus:
- 2021 Easter Concours d'Elegance at Forest Park cancelled!
Rescheduled Events (new dates shown):
- Polar Bear Apparel Still Available After the Drive: Click here to see details and order merchandise.
- International Drive Your Triumph Day Photos Published: See the photos on the following website: https://driveyourtriumphday.shutterfly.com/2031
- Excellence Executed - TR4 first-ever Triumph Register of America restoration perfect score: Richard Lentinello in the July 2020 issue of Hemmings Classic Car documented the restoration of a 1961 TR4 that made history when it won best in show by achieving a perfect 100-point score at the Triumph Register of America national convention in Blowing Rock, North Carolina, in 2018. It was the first time since the club was founded in 1974 that not a single point was deducted during the judging process. Perfection had indeed finally won the day. This is a two part article with both parts being released publicly on their website this month. Click here to view Part 1, here to view Part 2.
- SLTOA Build a Brit Contest Results In: The winners of the SLTOA Build a Brit contest were announced. Dave Massey was awarded the 1st place certificate and prize of a premium 20 piece Color Marker Set, Michael Bakalor was awarded the 2nd place certificate and a set of Jot Safety Scissors, and Maria Moore was awarded a 3rd Place certificate and the prize of Crayola Washable (and we believe edible) Glue Sticks. Click here to view the entries and certificates awarded.
- International Drive Your Triumph Day: Thanks to all those who have participated in the International Drive Your Triumph Day and submitted photos. Photos are now published on https://driveyourtriumphday.shutterfly.com/984.
- 6-Pack TR250/TR6 Owners Group Annual Meeting Photos: Congratulations to Kevin Blume, event coordinator and the entire 6-Pack TRials organization for making the annual meeting in St. Louis event a great success. Our SLTOA organization was asked to pitch in and support a number of activities and made our club and area shine during the event. Great job! Click here to visit the 6-Pack TRials website photo gallery of the event. I am sure we will see a recap in the next Exhaust Notes.
- Hemmings - A sports car classic turns 50: Remembering Triumph's TR6: Hemmings posted this interesting article about the TR6 anniversary on the web. Click here to view the article.
SLTOA May Monthly Meeting
Tuesday, May 18, 2021
Our first in-person meeting at The Post - Sports Bar and Grill in April was well attended and a success. We congregated in an outdoor dining area where we were seated in a separate, screened area just for our meeting. Social distancing and precautions will be respected as required by the restaurant. Masks were required when not seated, eating, or drinking. The meeting was also Zoomed for those who were concerned about attending in person.
Please mark your calendar for the SLTOA May Monthly Meeting. Planning is in process and we will post and communicate the location as soon as we nail it down. As a reminder our meetings will be held in St. Louis County for the time being.
Arrive after 6 PM, meeting will begin at 7.
SLTOA In-Person Event Guidelines will be observed at this meeting. We will alert you to any changes to the guidelines prior to this event.
Additional details will be provided as soon as available.
Syberg's Arnold Charity Car Show
Saturday May 22, 2021
Syberg's is sponsoring a charity car show for the Open Door Animal Sanctuary at 10:00 AM on Saturday, May 22.
John Willerton, our president, is attending and hopes to get out some of our members to join him to support this fine organization. Click here to reach out to John if you have questions or if you want to let him know you are planning to join him at the event.
249 Arnold Crossing Center
Arnold, Missouri 63010
Click here for directions.
SLTOA Lady of the Rivers/Brussels/Grafton Drive
Sunday May 23, 2021
Our May drive will feature a fun drive through St. Charles County starting at Fast Lane Cars, past the Lady of the Rivers shrine, through Brussels, across to Illinois on the Golden Eagle Ferry ($8.00 per car), ending up to have lunch at The Loading Dock in Grafton for pleasant outdoor dining experience. The Loading Dock has a Flea Market as part of their complex and there are some interesting shops in Grafton to help lighten your wallet.
We will assemble at Fast Lane Cars in St. Charles at 10:00 with a departure time of 10:30. After lunch in Grafton everyone will be free to check out the shops and head home at their leisure. Thanks to Dave Yannayon for planning this event.
SLTOA In-Person Event Guidelines will be observed at this event. We will alert you to any changes to the guidelines prior to this event.
Click here to view a map of the drive.
Fast Lane Cars
427 Little Hills Industrial Blvd.
St. Charles, Missouri 63301
Click here for directions to Fast Lane Cars.
||Hemmings Great Race - Cape Girardeau
Tuesday June 22, 2021
The Hemmings Great Race is again coming through the area and will be making an overnight stop in Cape Girardeau. This is a weekday event that runs from 4:00 to 9:00 PM and we know everyone may not be able to break away but these are fun and interesting events. Communities that host the overnight events make it a big evening by having the cars in the race displayed on a main street, have food, music, and other activities for visitors. It is fun to see the cars arrive in town, get parked, and to speak to the participants and all the car people attending the event.
Stephen and Ronnie Paur have attended a few of these in different cities and will be attending with their TR6. They are inviting other SLTOA members and members of other car clubs in the area to join them either on the drive down or at the event. They will stay overnight in Cape and if you want details on the activities you can find additional information on Visit Cape Facebook page. To see what is available for lodging and restaurants see the Visit Cape website (www.visitcape.com). Ed and Mary Kaiser have already booked a room overnight and be attending with the Paurs.
Email Stephen Paur (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone him at 314-308-2564 (please leave message if you don't reach him) if you have questions or want to join them on the trip down or at the venue.
See Events page to view details on all events (national/regional, metro, competition, and other types of events) not listed.
It's Alive Automotive Tech Session
Saturday, February 27, 2021
Click on any of the images below to view an album of photos from the event. Not all photos are currently posted in the album.
See our Events Page to view ALL Events
and Archived Photo Albums