The Saint Louis Triumph Owners Association (SLTOA) is a group of British car enthusiasts who come together under the Triumph Marque. We enjoy good food, the occasional brew and/or cocktail, good company, and good drives.
Please look around our website to see what we have to offer the Triumph community and if you can find the time visit us at one of our monthly meetings or other gatherings which are posted in our events area, by all means come on by!
Vistors are always welcome!
- SLTOA 6th Annual Fall Colours Drive CANCELLED! Sort of: The 2019 6th Annual Fall Colours Drive was CANCELLED for Saturday but a handful of drivers were able to regroup in good weather and then were able to enjoy a nice somewhat truncated, Sunday drive.
- SLTOA Car Club of the Month in AutoUrge magazine: SLTOA was featured in their October edition of the AutoUrge magazine, the premier FREE monthly automotive enthusiast magazine for the St. Louis and Surrounding areas. You can find AutoUrge Magazine in all area Dierbergs Markets and many area restaurants, banks, fitness centers and other fine retailers. Click here to view the SLTOA profile published in the magazine or view it online in the October issue at AutoUrge.com.
- SLTOA Exhaust Notes wins national award at VTR: Congratulations to Mark Morgan, our newsletter editor, for garnering a national award at the 2019 VTR Convention in Dripping Springs. We salute Mark for his dedication and skill to put together a quality Exhaust Notes monthly.
- 6-Pack TR250/TR6 Owners Group Annual Meeting Photos: Congratulations to Kevin Blume, event coordinator and the entire 6-Pack TRials organization for making the annual meeting in St. Louis event a great success. Our SLTOA organization was asked to pitch in and support a number of activities and made our club and area shine during the event. Great job! Click here to visit the 6-Pack TRials website photo gallery of the event. I am sure we will see a recap in the next Exhaust Notes.
- Ford vs Ferrari Movie Event Being Planned: SLTOA in conjunction with the St. Louis area Sports Car Council is planning a Saturday afternoon viewing of the new Ford vs Ferrari movie on November 23. Stephen Paur is working to get us discount tickets to view the film at the centrally located Marcus Des Pere Cinema at I-270 and Manchester. Details to follow as plans finalized.
- Its Alive Automotive 2nd Tech Session Completed: Jeff Homsher presented another great tech session on Saturday, August 17. This session's topics presented were clutch replacement on a TR6, body work and rust repair, and tune-up and troubleshooting. See photos below from the session and look for additional information in next month's Exhaust Notes.
- Hemmings - A sports car classic turns 50: Remembering Triumph's TR6: Hemmings posted this interesting article about the TR6 anniversary on the web. Click here to view the article.
7th Annual SLTOA Veterans Drive
Sunday, November 10, 2019
This is our 7th year for this event. It is a very important event for our group in that it has a purpose. This is the only event that we are request contributions to participate. All funds collected are donated to a veterans organization.
Other British car clubs, prospective members of SLTOA, and anyone who wants to honor our veterans are invited to attend. This is a great drive that in years past featured our SLTOA Music Director/Bagpipe instructor Dave Massey kicking off the drive with his rendition of all our armed services anthems.
We will meet at the McDonalds in Columbia, Illinois, at 10 a.m. and travel south into Illinois.
The route as in past years will start in Columbia in the State Farm lot behind McDonalds, an initial twisty part, some running out in the flats and levees between Bluff Road and the river. Then back up into the bluffs for some more twisties, back into the flats for the first stop at Fort des Chartres, then down to Chester for the traditional photo stop with Popeye overlooking the Mississippi, and then lunch in Chester. A possible bonus on this trip is to visit the new full size replica of the Viet Nam Veterans Memorial in Perryville.
Click on the McDonalds link for a map.
300 Columbia Center
Columbia, Illinois 62236
SLTOA November Monthly Meeting
Tuesday, November 19, 2019
This month's SLTOA meeting will be at the Lazy River Grill in Ballwin.
Arrive after 5 PM for good food, fellowship, and refreshments. At this meeting we will discuss the upcoming movie event and the Christmas Party.
Lazy River Grill
610 Big Bend Road
Ballwin, Missouri 630121
Click here for directions.
Ford vs Ferrari Movie Event
Marcus Des Peres Cinema
Saturday, November 23, 2019
SLTOA and the St. Louis Sports Car Council is moving on with a viewing of the Ford vs Ferrari movie coming out later this month. Again, this event will be open to all SLTOA members, Sports Car Council car clubs, and friends.
We have set a date for matinee viewing on Saturday, November 23 at the Marcus Des Pere Cine in west-central St. Louis county. Matinee movie times have not be set but will target viewing an showing sometime after 1:30 PM, if possible, to accommodate those who want to get together afterward for drinks and dinner. There are a number of good restaurants in the area and it is hoped that a good number of us will invade one of them for some fellowship and refreshment afterward.
We have some options on the attending this film. We can go as a group and Marcus will provide discounted tickets if we have 25 or more in our group at a regularly scheduled matinee time. If we have 30 or more attending we will have the option to have a private showing and be able to pick the time of the showing. In either case the discounted ticket price will be in the $8-10 range dependent on number attending and whether or not we have a private showing.
We asked the theatre about having some reserved parking if the weather was good and folks wanted to drive their special cars. They could not accommodate us on that count but there is a large lot and we can probably assemble the cars is a common area and that would be fun.
If you are interested in attending this event please let me know as soon as possible but no later than Friday, November 15. This will help me figure out if we can have a private viewing or not. You can contact me at the number below or drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we figure out the number additional details will be provided.
2019 Annual Christmas Party
Missouri Athletic Club - West Clubhouse
Saturday, December 14, 2019
Mark your calendars and get your reservations in for this year's annual Christmas Party.
Paid reservations are required and must be received by Saturday, December 7, 2019. There will be a special little Christmas surprise for the first 48 paid reservations. The SLTOA Membership (club subsidised) price is $20 per person (limit 2). Non-member and additional member tickets are $40 each.
There will be a cash bar but coffee and ice tea is complementary. The menu is as follows:
- Mixed Greens Salad
- Chicken Marsala
- Top Round Au Jus
- Braised Green Beans
- Butter Herb Pasta Nest
- Rolls and Butter
If you have special dietary needs (gluten-free or vegatarian) please contact Bonnie David at 314-412-0589.
Payments may be made at the November monthly meeting or by sending yours in by mail to:
|100 Hilltop Court
|Washington, Missouri 63090
Please enter "SLTOA Christmas Party" on the memo line when paying by check.
To participate in the club gift exchange please bring one gift wrapped car-related gift per couple or individual with a value of $15-$20. The club for years has asked for, and recieved, many wonderful donations for the Toys for Tots organization. If you would like to support this wonderful tradition please bring an unwrapped toy to the party and we will make sure some deserving child receives joy on Christmas morning.
This is aways a wonderful gala event. A chance to wear your Christmas finery, be full of good cheer, play a fun holiday game, participate in a gift exchange, and to have cocktails and great food.
If you have any questions about this event please contact Maria Moore at 314-398-4615. Click here to view and print a flyer for the event.
Missouri Athletic Club
1777 Des Peres Road
Town & Country, Missouri 63131
Click here to view the location and get directions using Google Maps.
See Events page to view details on all events (national/regional, metro, competition, and other types of events) not listed.
SLTOA 6Pack Photo Album
See our Events Page to view ALL Events
and Archived Photo Albums